Over the weekend, Austin’s water supply dropped another 5,000 acre-feet. All of the supply provided by July rainfall has been used up or has evaporated, and our effective remaining supply is 680,000 acre-feet. Evaporation rates are above average, inflows are at historic lows, and rain predictions are noncommittal (with good reason). Without significant rainfall above Mansfield Dam, months until we have no water: 15.
Water supply continues to dwindle
- Water supply at critical levels – Austin’s response: hire a consultant
- Austin’s water supply drops to a new benchmark
- Water supply – another scary number
- Update on water supply – scary numbers you won’t see anywhere else
- Solve our water supply problem? Yes We Can – San Diego has already done it – why not Austin?